Gift guide round-up.
November 28, 2011 Leave a comment
So many great gift guides around the web right now (and I’m sure many more to come over the next couple of weeks). Here’s a quick round-up of my favorites!
Gifts that Give Back (such a good idea!) from Mint:
1. Papier-mâché animals, made in Haiti and benefiting Aid to Artisans
2. Buy one pair of sunglasses and TOMS will help give sight to a person in need through their One for One program
3. With each sale of a FIGS tie (cashmere scarf tie shown here), one school uniform is purchased for an underprivileged child
4. Etsy seller Sieben Morgen will donate 20% of the sale of each crane stamp to Kindernothilfe, a charity fund which supports children in need all over the world
5. These bird ornaments are made in El Salvador and help support Aid to Artisans
6. This bamboo bread basket is hand-woven in black and natural by the artisans of Phontong Handicrafts in Laos
7. With each sale of a FIGS tie (summer wool bow ties shown here), one school uniform is purchased for an underprivileged child
8. For each pair sold, Warby Parker donates a pair of glasses to someone in need
9. These painted house ornaments are made in El Salvador and help support Aid to Artisans
10. Designer Christine Valenti donates a portion of all sales, including this leather pouch, to charity
11. This magazine basket is handwoven by artisans in the Philippines through Community Crafts Association of the Philippines, an organization committed to the development and empowerment of artisans.
12. Laszlito Kovacs print, for sale on The Working Proof, a company which seeks to promote art and social responsibility, and gives 15% of the sale of each print to a charity of the artist’s choice
13. Buy one pair of shoes and TOMS will donate a pair to a person in need through their One for One program
14. These Russian doll cards are made using wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and are sold to benefit Amnesty International
Give a Little Luxury from With Two Cats:
1. Pelican Baby Sleigh– I can’t wait to go sledding with Rowan!
2. Rainbow Stacker– So pretty!
3. Misha Lulu Wallpaper Jumper– This is the cutest little dress.
4. Plush Fox Pillow– Adorable!
5. B. Zany Zoo– I love these activity cubes.
6. Minnetonka Double Fringe Bootie– Haha. I even I want these for myself.
7. Snoozy Cordurory Flowers Girl– Love Handmade goodies!
8. Land of Nod Chair– Rowan loves climbing into chairs. I wish she had her own little couch.
9. Suzette the Fox– Blabla dolls are my absolute favorite kids toys. I want Rowan to have them all!
10. Books, books & more books– We can never have enough books!
11. Roll out Chalkboard– How AWESOME is this?
12. See Kai Run Mary Janes– These are my favorite brand of kid shoes.
13. ABC Blocks– Love these non-traditional and hilarious ABC blocks.
And this isn’t really a gift guide, but rather some theme ideas for a holiday dinner: gold and black! So pretty, from Oh Happy Day:
Also, don’t forget this virtual gift guide from Anthology!