Is this a joke?
January 12, 2012 3 Comments
I know I’m supposed to be eating healthy and such, but I saw this on Pinterest and thought, “I must make that/eat it NOW!”
This weekend I thought it’d be fun to try to make 3 different things from Pinterest (what better way to spend a cold, quiet January weekend), and this might have to be one of them.
Recipe: Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz bag of Reese’s Mini cups
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease your loaf pan (I used an 8 x 4 pan) with butter or shortening.
- In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together your bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in your Reese’s Mini cups and spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for approx 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.
*I bake my breads in a stone loaf pan, but certainly you don’t have to. BUT if you notice the bread browning too fast, lower the temperature down to 325°.
Update! I made this tonight (just happened to have all the ingredients- Reese’s leftover from our homemad pb ice cream), and I am seriously afraid to cut into it, in fear of consuming too much of it right before bed. Perhaps I should wait until morning and then bring it to work to share…. Then again, I should probably test it before sharing with others. Decisions!